Senior Network Engineer
£50,000 - £55,000 DOE + Benefits + Bonus + On-Call Allowance
As a trusted, approved and preferred recruitment partner to this rapidly growing IT Managed Services Provider, we have been asked to assist in the recruitment of a Level 3 Network Engineer to join them on a permanent basis at their Huntington Datacentre offices.
You will have the opportunity to join a busy team who deal with the day to day management of their Data Centre and wide area networks (both internally and on behalf of their customer base). The successful candidate will need a valid driving license and their own vehicle. You will also be required to work a shift pattern that will cover the hours between 08:00 and 23:00.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working within ITIL Framework for Incident Management and Associated Escalations
- Acting as an escalation point (3rd Line) for the ServiceDesk for Network Related Incidents
- Implementing both large and small-scale project deliverables
- Sharing technical knowledge and documentation to other managed services team members
- Assist in the improvement of IT Strategy across the business
Skills and Experience Required
- 5+ years of experience within Network Support
- Prior experience as a senior technical team member
- Must have Cisco Nexus Switch, Router and ASA Firewall Hardware Experience
- Understanding of Network Protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, etc.)
- Desirable Technical skills: Cisco ASA, HP Switches, Exposure to Meraki Devices, Multi-Tenant Architecture, Public Cloud Service Integration, Certificate Services, Load Balancers.
Great Benefits: Alongside a competitive starting salary, a range of benefits on offer include 25 days holiday, on-call allowance, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, employee assistance programme, online discounts and saving platform, free parking, spot bonus scheme, recruitment bounty scheme, dress down Friday, free fruit, fundraising, sports and social clubs.
This role may be suitable for those with the following job titles; Senior Network Engineer, 3rd Line Network Support Engineer, Level 3 Network Engineer, Senior Network Engineer, 3rd Line Network Engineer, 2nd/3rd line Network Engineer, Network Specialist, Network Support Specialist.
The successful candidate will be subject to background verification checks, full DBS national security vetting, adverse financial checks and employee references.
Deerfoot IT Reso